MBBS in Georgia
Georgia is one of the highly preferred locations for Indian students. Students from India prefer to study for MBBS degrees (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) from abroad universities in perspective of Global recognition.
Many of the medical universities from Georgia are recognized by the WHO, MCI, and other prestigious organizations. Georgian universities offer high-quality education, the best infrastructure facilities, experienced faculty, the best classrooms and laboratories, the best clinical experience, and many other facilities for international students.
Indian students can select Georgia to study MBBS is a low tuition fee. The tuition fee is lesser than in many other countries offering MBBS courses and even lesser than private college fees in India.
Students have the opportunity to earn an MBBS Degree recognized worldwide. In Georgia, they can receive top-notch clinical training in modern hospitals. This allows them to learn from real medical cases and gain practical knowledge.
Students seeking to join MBBS in Georgia have to explore more details like the best universities in Georgia, how to apply for MBBS admission in Georgia, tuition fees, accommodation facilities, and other information from here.
MBBS in Georgia for Indian students
Georgia considered as best place to study MBBS for Indian students. Most of the medical colleges from Georgia are recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Students can opt for an accredited university to pursue an MBBS course.
Students must have completed 12th Class/Plus 2 with at least 50% of marks with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects. Students must have qualified for the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam with minimum cutoff marks.
Georgian universities offer quality educational curricula and the best clinical experience for students. Georgian National University, Sulkhan Saba University, Georgian American University, East European University, and Akaki Tsereteli State University are some of the top medical universities in Georgia. These universities offer quality education, the best course curriculum, and modern facilities for students.
The course duration of MBBS in Georgia is 6 years [5 years theory+1 year internship]. MBBS Course curriculum included Physiology, Anatomy, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Pathology, and Clinical Medicine.
MBBS in Georgia is an affordable option for students seeking to pursue abroad. The MBBS fee in Georgia ranges from $4,000 to $10,000 per year. The course fee varies from university to university.
Indian students can benefit from the MBBS fee structure of Georgia as the fee is relatively less when compared with Indian private colleges. Indian students can complete their MBBS program in Georgia with less fee.
Aspirants planning to pursue MBBS in Georgia can check all the details clearly before enrolling in the program. Check the college details, fee structure, eligibility criteria, admission process, living expenses, accommodation facilities, and other clear information before opting for university.
MBBS in Georgia for India Students Benefits/ Advantages Global Recognition
MBBS certification from Georgia is recognized globally. Practice anywhere across the world with an MBBS degree obtained from Georgian universities.
Most of the Georgian universities are approved by NMC and the World Health Organization (WHO). Georgian medical universities offer quality education with a well-structured course curriculum, experienced faculty, and the best clinical experience. Georgian universities offer world-class standards in MBBS education.
English as the medium of instruction:
Georgian universities offer MBBS programs in ‘English’. This is the comfortable aspect for international students to go along with the curriculum. The communication language is also English. This lets the students interact with their faculty and co-students easily.
Students from various countries and various cultural backgrounds happen to pursue in one place. This is advantageous to learn about various cultures. Knowledge and exposure are the added advantages for international students.
Affordable tuition fees:
MBBS Tuition fee in Georgia is reasonable when compared to other countries. The fee ranges from $4,000 to $10,000 per year depending on the university. Students can complete their MBBS degree at an affordable fee when compared with some of the Indian private colleges.
The MBBS in Georgia includes a one-year internship, which provides Indian students with practical training and exposure to various medical practices.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Georgia
- A student must be above the age of 17 years to take admission.
- Must have completed 10+2/Intermediate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- Must have qualified NEET exam with at least minimum qualifying marks to apply for MBBS studies.
- Students aspiring to get admission to MBBS in Georgia must have the eligibility credentials mentioned above. Before going to join Georgian MBBS colleges, thoroughly research the admitting university, its norms, rules, and regulations.
Is NEET Required for Studying MBBS Abroad?
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India has recently announced that the NEET exam is mandatory for MBBS admissions in Indian and overseas. Some of the foreign universities accept MBBS admissions without NEET.
Can I get admission to MBBS in Georgia without NEET?
NEET is mandatory to get admission to MBBS in India and Georgia.
Some of the Georgian medical colleges offer admission for Indian students without the NEET exam.
Without the NEET exam, students are allowed to study in Georgia but they cannot practice in India after completing the course.
Disadvantages of MBBS Georgia for Indian Students
Students choosing to study MBBS in Georgia are facing some practical issues.
- The first one students have to come across is the language barrier. Most of the
- Georgia people speak Abkhaz and Georgian. International students may find it harder to overcome the language problem.
- Hard to adjust to the cold climatic conditions.
- Georgia has having very low population. The number of patients rate is less in the country.
- Students have to practice on dummies.
- It is the biggest challenge to face different cultures and to adjust to them.
- FMGE Pass percentage is very low.
- Georgia is not a part of the EU. Students may not acquire the benefits of European countries.
- The VISA renewal process may be difficult for students sometimes.
- The cost of education is higher when compared to the cost in Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, and other countries.
Best MBBS Colleges/ Universities in Georgia
At present, 35 MBBS colleges are working in Georgia. 23 colleges are inviting admissions from students for the academic year 2023-24.
Best Medical Universities in Georgia for MBBS:
- Georgian National University
- Georgian American University.
- Sulkhan Saba University
- Akaki Tsereteli State University.
- East European University.
- These are the reputed MBBS colleges in Georgia. These colleges offer quality educational curricula, experienced faculty, and quality infrastructure.
Complete list of MBBS colleges in Georgia:
- Georgian National University SEU Faculty of Medicine
- Sulkhan-Saba University-GEORGIA
- Alte University School of Medicine
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University Faculty of Natural Sciences and Health Care
- Akaki Tsereteli State University Faculty of Medicine
- BAU International University Faculty of Medicine
- Caucasus International University Faculty of Medicine
- David Tvildiani Medical University AIETI Medical School
- East European University Faculty of Healthcare Sciences
- Caucasus University School of Medicine and Healthcare Management
- Teaching University Geomedi Faculty of Medicine
- European University Faculty of Medicine
- Georgian American University
- University of Georgia School of Health Sciences.
- Grigol Robakidze University School of Medicine
- Ilia State University Faculty of Natural Sciences and Medicine
- Ken Walker International University Faculty of Medicine and Stomatology.
- East-West Teaching University School of Medicine
- Kutaisi University Faculty of Medicine
- New Vision University School of Medicine
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Faculty of Medicine
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University Faculty of Medicine
- Tbilisi State Medical University Faculty
- David Aghmashenebeli University of Georgia Faculty of Medicine